CSCS Card – Steps how to get this.
All construction site workers, no matter if you are a Labourer, Groundworker, or Site Supervisor must hold a valid CSCS card to be able to work on a construction site. Below are the steps you must take in order to obtain a Green CSCS card.
You will have taken and passed the CITB Health, Safety and Environment test in the last 2 years. Alongside completing the one of the following:
- QCF Level 1
- SCQF Level 4 award in Health & Safety in Construction Environment
- SCQF Level 5 REHIS Elementary Health & Safety Certificate
The three qualifications above are lifetime long and do not need renewing and are accepted when renewing your CSCS card after 5 years.
There are alternative qualifications that CSCS will accept when applying, these courses are often a quicker, more popular route to gaining your CSCS card. These qualifications can be obtained in one day, however, will need to be refreshed every 5 years, these are:
- CIBT Health & Safety Awareness Course
- NPORS Site Safety Awareness Course
To now apply for your CSCS Card you must –
- Email a copy of your qualifications certificate to – email@example.com
- Call 0344 994 4777 and pay the fee of £36 for your card.
- Your card will be posted to you once this has been approved.